When applying for a UK visa you can choose to either apply yourself, or pay for an agent or immigration specialist to apply on your behalf – this is simply preference, so as long as you have the correct documentation no single way will prove to be quicker than the other.
When you are thinking of applying for a UK visa you need to remember the following:
- Make sure you read all official Home Office instructions and criteria for a specific visa type so that you understand exactly what is needed for your application
- Be thorough. Google search your visa and try to read as much as you can about it before you apply. Make sure you understand what is needed and start to prepare your forms and documents
- UK visa applications can be processed either online, by post or in person at your nearest UK consulate, so make sure you know what method is available for the visa you are applying for
- Processing times can vary greatly depending on the type of visa for which you are applying for, so be sure not to book any travel until your visa is confirmed
- Make sure you check fees on the Home Office website, as these can change dramatically depending on where you are applying for your visa. It also depends on how quickly you need your visa. If you need it urgently, be prepared to pay more
- When applying for a UK visa you will most likely need to prove your income, or a bank balance. As this can take time, its good to contact your bank as soon as you can. Tell them exactly what is needed for the visa and give them enough time to provide it.
Back to Visas For The UK
Back to Moving To London
Back To Living In London